Peter G. Sutherland & Associates, LLC
What Does an M&A Specialist do?
How Can PGSA, LLC Help With Business Sale Or Recapitalization?
Above anything, M&A advisors are business marketing experts who bring the best out of your business. At PGSA, we specialize in using proven and creative marketing strategies to maximize the business value and your take home.
M&A Specialists Bring In Considerable Deal Specific Expertise. We:
- Offer expert valuation services to set a baseline valuation and look at the business from acquirer's view point to ensure that you get top dollar for your business
- Understand the value of hard and soft assets and highlight the value elements that may not immediately be visible to acquirers
- Have strong negotiating skills and understand the emotional issues of the parties and use every soft and hard issue to make the most hay for our customers
- Understand the credit markets and various financing options that may be possible and their implications on the deal
- Appreciate and understand the complexity of business mergers and acquisitions
M&A Specialist Can Maximize Business Value By:
- Orchestrating a well thought out presale planning
- Recasting financials for maximum benefit
- Putting together powerful marketing package that brings the best out of your company
- Using proprietary databases with screened and qualified mid-market acquirers
- Further increasing acquirer pool by marketing to wider audience using the Internet as well as a network of M&A intermediaries, brokers and other industry contacts.
- Working to bring in competing offers to drive up the value of the business
- Putting together deal structures to minimize tax consequences (many times this alone can make a 20%-40% swing in your take home)
M&A Specialists Enable Deal Making By:
- Elucidating what is being sold - describe the historical and sell the future
- Maintaining objectivity though tough times and provide reasonableness and sanity
- Acting as a buffer between parties and allowing parties to make informed decisions
- Having affiliations with other M&A professionals who can enable/facilitate a deal
- Staying in contact with deal related specialists and being constantly on the hunt to provide workable options and maximize your return.
M&A Specialists Help With Transaction Management By:
- Helping maintain confidentiality in the deal
- Knowing what's needed to satisfy the needs of acquirers/financiers and other parties related to the deal and gathering the necessary information at an appropriate without losing the momentum in the deal
- Coordinating and facilitating due diligence activities of buyers, associated consultants, specialists and advisors such as: accountants, tax attorneys, transaction attorneys, lenders, landlords, insurance carriers, escrow processors, etc.
- Providing the experience and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and control the issues that pop up in deals.
- Assisting the acquirer in dealing with service providers, governmental agencies, and regulatory agencies and facilitating an orderly transfer
- Handling most of the acquirer interactions to permit you to continue your focus on running your business.